Skip to main content

A Tale of Two Kitties Part 2

Day 3


Last night went pretty well. There was a bit of growling at each other by the end though, so we decided to put Hillary back in the study for the night. At about 3am my husband was awoken by her meowing and scratching at the door so he let her out and both cats proceeded to take it in turns to knock stuff off his bedside table and paw him in the face, while I slept peacefully, oblivious.

Today, I was outside hanging some washing and Puss dug his claws into the flywire because he wanted to come out, so I let him out with me. A few minutes later as I opened the door to come inside, Hillary shot past me because she had decided that she would also like to come out. I didn't even see her. I was intending to keep her inside for at least a few days, but she had other ideas. 

I stayed out with them for a bit, Puss stayed on the deck watching Hillary as she explored the yard and climbed the fence. Next time I turned around, she had disappeared. She came back a few minutes later, but then both cats disappeared. I looked around to see where they went and found Puss out the front with no sign of Hillary. I left them for awhile, and later Hillary turned up at the backdoor, but no sign of Puss. He did return later though. I usually wouldn't worry about them being out but with Hillary just settling in and Puss on a mission to kill the ginger cat, I don't know if they should be out at all. 

They are both now back in their respective napping quarters, with Puss sleeping on my uncovered doona, making it filthy. Bastard.


Day 4 and 5


We have stopped locking Hillary in the study and are just letting them both roam around the house. It's actually going a lot better than I expected; there haven't been any confrontations and aside from a little bit of hissing and growling it's been all good. Nothing much to report, which is a positive thing!

This morning I woke up with Puss on the bed and Hillary in the bed, so I guess they're content enough to be in close proximity. I am considering this a success.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I've Been Watching and Reading In Isolation - Part 1

So, most of us are stuck inside for the majority of the time at the moment (thanks pandemic!). I'm not going to lie, it hasn't changed my life a great deal. I work from home, and I do not like going out at the best of times. I would much rather be at home reading a book or watching TV than going out shopping or something. I do miss catching up with friends in person (we now communicate mostly via memes), going out for dinner (I can't wait to go out for dumplings, because they're just not the same when you get them delivered), and seeing live theatre and comedy shows. But mostly, I am enjoying living my best sloth life. And I'm ahead of schedule on my Goodreads challenge for the first time ever. My husband and I have also completed two whole puzzles, so we are absolutely winning at life. So, I thought I would share what I have been watching and reading, because then I can claim it was research. Yes, it is all writing research, very important. Can I claim Netflix as...

Review: Queer Eye (the revival!)

I'm not much of a reality show fan, usually only using it as inspiration for sarcastic and witty observational tweets, with some exceptions of course. Queer Eye is definitely one of those exceptions. Having watched the original series all those years ago, I thought I knew what I was in for when I tuned in to the new Netflix revival, after seeing people raving about it on Twitter. A group of trendy gay guys swoop in and change a clueless straight guy's life with a haircut and a new outfit, fun is had, tears are shed. Well I don't know how well I remember the last series, but the new one is so much more than I expected. It has all the fun of your typical makeover/renovation/cooking show, but with a little extra thrown in as well. Of course, all of your usual reality shows have the 'make or break' moment, when the camera pans in to the contestant, on the verge of tears, as they tell the story of how they beat the odds and triumphed over adversity just to be in t...

Review: 13 Reasons Why

The way people were talking about 13 Reasons Why all over the internet, I felt like I had to watch it. I saw the first episode and I knew I had to watch it. Hooking you in from the very beginning, 13 Reasons Why will make you want to call in sick to work just so you can binge-watch all the episodes. The series follows Clay Jensen, a high school student who has received a set of tapes from his classmate and friend, Hannah Baker. Hannah recently committed suicide, and on the tapes are the 13 reasons why. Each reason is a person Hannah knew, someone that hurt her in some way, and they each get their own tape. Hannah's plan for the tapes is for each person to hear them and pass them on to the next person. When they arrive on Clay's doorstep he struggles with his emotions as he listens to each tape. He feels the need to confront each person when he hears their tape, to question them, to make sense of it all, to try and make things right somehow. 13 Reasons Why is so captiv...